Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Posted by The Blessed Bryants at 8:30 PM
Saturday, January 30, 2010
I decided I'd give sledding a try. That was FUN!!
Chad came out for a few minutes with no socks or gloves on. Needless to say he was only out there for a few minutes!
Chad and Ashlyn tried sledding together but that didn't work so well!
My pretty girl!
After freezing outside....Hot Chocolate and a fire are a must!
Posted by The Blessed Bryants at 3:00 PM
Friday, January 8, 2010
Yesterday, Ashlyn and I went to the grocery store to get some comfort food to eat since we were going to get snowed in. (The snow didn't happen. I'm not surprised!) I try not to take her to the store much because I end up spending way to much money on stuff that we really do not need and most of the time something I don't have a coupon for. She wanted a Lunchable and begged me to go over to the aisle they were on. I gave in because I wanted her to have something special to eat while the snow was falling :-) so we made our way over. They had the small Lunchables on sale....3/$5. I encouraged her to get those but she insisted on getting one with ITALIAN punch. I had no idea what she was talking about so I kept encouraging her to get the cheaper one. Well, the tears came and I could tell she was devastated so I said "just get the one you want and let's go". So...she proceeded to grab one and put it in the cart. The one with HAWAIIAN punch! Ha! I love my AshyPoo...she definitely makes me laugh!!
Posted by The Blessed Bryants at 10:09 AM
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
I know....most of you are thinking this is like my first post of 2009 but up until July I did really well! :-) Maybe it should be a resolution for the new year to be a better blogger. Hmmm...we'll see. I'm not promising anything. Ha!
2009 has been a year full of excitement. Let's see if I can go back and list a few things that happened...
- Morgan broke her foot in January (starting the year out right...we are on our way to meeting our $5000 deductible!)
- Chad and I celebrated 14 years of marriage in March
- We went on our first cruise...a Disney Cruise...in April
- Ashlyn turned 7 in April
- We went to the beach with our good friends, the Bailey's, in June
- Chad turned 36 in July
- Madyson had medical issues (not really sure what) in July and had to have a lot of tests run (helping us get closer to reaching our $5000 deductible)
- Chad turned 36 in July
- Madyson had oral surgery in July to expose a tooth way down at the bottom of her gums so that they could PULL it up and over to the right spot. Fun, fun!
- In July we put a contract on a house that we loved. We thought we would be in it within a month but soon found ourselves waiting and waiting for our loan to be approved. With Chad's credit score we shouldn't have had to wait anytime but our loan was taking FOREVER and they were asking us for the craziest stuff in order to approve it. It was frustrating but looking back we know that God was looking out for us. There were so many things that needed to be fixed on the house (a brand new house at that!) and our good deal was FAST becoming a not so good deal. Thank you Lord for watching over us and SHOUTING at us telling us to be patient and wait for something better!!
- Madyson turned 13 in August
- Missy turned 34 in September
- Morgan turned 14 in October and told us she'd be able to drive soon. Oh My!!
- We took at family vacation in November to Disney World. That was SOOO much fun. We went to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. We loved being together as a family and making memories with one another.
- In December, Missy had yet another knee surgery. This time just to clean up some scar tissue. The recovery wasn't near as bad as it was after the first surgery....1 week on crutches compared to 8. The pain, however, was FAR worse. So glad that is over and I'm on my way to recovery. I should be able to get back out and walk with my walking buddy, Lisa, in about 4 to 6 more weeks! (Oh...and I didn't list every little thing but we had a TON of medical bills this year so I paid $200 for my knee surgery. Not bad, huh? :-) )
- We're ending our year with having Chad home with us until Jan. 4th! He's never been able to take that much time off at once and we've LOVED it.
I hope you all have had a fun, exciting year! I know we have and I look forward to what 2010 brings. Hopefully it will be the year of NO medical bills! Ha! Happy New Year to the 5 or 6 of you who read this blog. I pray that God blesses you tremendously! :-)
Posted by The Blessed Bryants at 9:31 PM
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Madyson had to have some oral surgery done today. Her orthodontist sent her to have a tooth extracted and then another tooth exposed that is growing way down at the bottom of her gums. Now...you have to know Madyson and how she is about shots. I remember a few years back having to chase her around the doctor's office just so the nurse could PRICK her finger. Well, today, she didn't have to have a little finger prick but did have to get an IV and be put to sleep. She did so good! I was so proud of her and how she just sat real still and let the doctor do his job.
She is now home and in the deepest part of LA LA Land. The surgery went well and she should really only be sore for a few days. I know she would tell you right now that she is thankful for Tylenol with codine because she is already in some pain.
Here's a nice little picture of Madyson in recovery. I love the nice recliner and the fuzzy blanket. I'm really wondering if Madyson was in a deep sleep from the anesthesia or if she was pretending not to wake up so she could stay in that comfy chair. Hmmmmmmmm.............
Posted by The Blessed Bryants at 3:21 PM
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Chad and I about to enjoy some seafood
All of the kids posing in front of their new car :-)
Jennifer loving some crab legs
Madyson and Parker
Jimmy and Jennifer
Jimmy and Jennifer headed to relax in the ocean
Zachary playing in the sand
Ashlyn waiting for a wave to come and Chad boogie boarding it in
Posted by The Blessed Bryants at 1:44 PM
Sunday, May 24, 2009
I've found something I absolutely LOVE doing! Buying an embroidery machine has got to be one of the best purchases I've ever made. I've been able to do so many neat things with it. I started out just monogramming some shirts for my girls. Ashlyn even asked me in the beginning if all of her clothes were going to have her initials on them. :-)
Now, I'm making travel mugs, water bottles, night lights, towels, duffle bags, and more. Here are some samples of what I've done and a list of my prices. If you are interested in any of these you can contact me at email@example.com!!
Large 3 initial monogram~$8
Small 3 initial monogram~$6
Large 1 letter~$6
Crib Sheet w/ scripture~$20
Crib Sheet w/ name~$16
Posted by The Blessed Bryants at 9:24 PM